Dedicated, creative and energetic photographer and videographer with more than seven years of extensive experience in custom and specialized photography, art direction, video production, set design and marketing. Excel at capturing high-quality, award-winning images that help propel brands forward. Creative vision that consistently produces results that far surpass client and institutional expectations. In-depth knowledge of advanced photography techniques, lighting, equipment and editing.
Lead Photographer/Photographer-Videographer III, University of Houston;
Houston, Texas | 2013 – Present
- Specialize in the production of striking images and energetic videos for universitywide publications and marketing campaigns; maintain studio and photography equipment; supervise creative services interns and responsible for onboading, training and overseeing development of new photographers; maintain universitywide digital asset management system;
- Capture dynamic images, including multiple cover images, for spring and fall editions of the University of Houston Magazine, annual reports, university websites and social media, local and nationwide marketing campaigns and promotional media; specialize in capturing portraits of faculty, the university president and board of regents, as well as high-profile guests including the Honorable Arnold Schwarzenegger, Buzz Aldrin and Frank Stella; initiate and manage project work flows to ensure timely delivery;
- Determine and direct setting, approach and style of photo and video shoots to ensure brand compliance; manage editing process to ensure timely delivery of final product; often responsible for generating creative ideas that establish or lead art direction for publications and marketing.
Pre-Kindergarten Teacher, The Kipling School;
Houston, Texas | 2011 — 2013
- Organized and led classroom activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development for classes of 4- to 6-year-old children;
- Observed and evaluated children’s performance, behavior and social development and provided detailed reports and consultations with parents;
- Led small group and whole classroom activities, such as reading, art, play-time and reading.
Houston, Texas | 2012 — Present
- Commissioned for custom photography for multiple companies including Amara Organic Foods, Cheerily Shop and Apparel, Jean & June Graphic Tees, Little Chew Modern Baby Shop, Templeton Silver Pacifier Company and Burt's Bees.
- Expert at all camera formats, digital capture, print, video and lighting.
- Fluent in Spanish.
- Computer and software proficiencies include Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Lightroom, SharePoint and WordPress.
The Art Institute of Houston, Houston, Texas
B.S. Fine Art, Photography